Cutting my Jeans is fun and feels good but what to do with the poor denim bits now ripped apart from the jeans mothership? I don’t like throwing things away so I tried to find a new purpose for the denim. I played around a little (rainy days are dangerous for creative minds!) and ended up wearing them as armlet. I instantly liked the idea because when you wear an oversized shirt it accentuates your arms and adds a nice contrast to the loose fit of the garment. Leonardo Da Vinci was right: what fits at your legs would fit most definitely on your arms.
Hint: pair your brassard (correct definition thx to google) with a feminine shirt so it doesn’t get too military!
How to get frayed hems and brassards:
1. Put on your jeans to check how short you wanna go.
2. When you’ve found your perfect length, mark it with a permanent marker.
3. Cut your jeans with a scissor.
4. Fray the hem with a scalpel (or throw it into the washing machine).
5. Fray the brassard as much as you like it.
6. Have fun!
wanna win a nice pair of sunglasses? enter my giveaway