I can’t believe that MBFWB17 is already history. Kind of. Because so many vivid memories are still flying in my mind. My fashion week frenzy started with a short interview that I did for ZDF Heute, talking about upcoming SS17 trends. Although I’m quite confident, this interview made me incredibly nervous but hey, I made it! Woop woop.
Another highlight was the Dorothee Schumacher show on Day 1, always a favorite of mine!! I’ve already expressed my love for the AW17 collection but I simply can’t get over these black/winter white combos and the sophisticated materials. Just like at the Malaikaraiss show I’ve spotted some drop dead gorgeous accessories that I can not wait to shoot for you guys.
Speaking of shooting: One big highlight was definitely the shoot I did for Net-A-Porter. Better be prepared for some major style inspo, worn by yours truly, coming up next week!!
However, my daily FW routine involved lots of coffee talks (It was a blast, Magda!), yummy lunch appointments (had the best cod with pumpkin bits at Pauly Saal) and a nice carb-feast with Rewardstyle (still dreaming of the watering pot, Masha) at Soho House. Although I must admit – the best dinner happened off-duty, at Shiso Burger with a wonderful friend… Sooo good!
One show that definitely stood out at MBFWB17 was the inspiring collection by William Fan, a daring and innovative young designer who beamed us directly to china town. But it wasn’t only the damn cool setting (we were able to wonder around chinese fruit stands after the show and grab some fortune cookies) – the collection is a layering heaven rounded off with killer accessories (single earrings inspired by chinese symbols, just to name one).
Showroom-wise I got to see the new Edited collection which is AMAZING (bow-adorned sneakers, lace-up sweaters, spring pastels, easy trenchcoats awww) and some great new stuff straight from Zalando. Bordeaux dipped velvet heels, golden hardware, statement sleeves… I got this feeling that Spring/Summer season is going to be a good one…
1. My Look for the Malaikaraiss Show, wearing Stella McCartney Coat, Joseph Knit & Closed Jeans.
2. + 4. The Dorothee Schumacher AW17 show, photographed by edited by me (see my Look here)
3. View from my hotel room at the Waldorf Astoria Berlin
5. Backstage at the Malaikaraiss AW17 show, photographed by me
6. Backstage at the Dorothee Schumacher Show + Self Portrait before Fittings
7. Favorite Looks from the William Fan “Afternoon Stories” show, Ph. by Rachel Israela, edited by me
8. Backstage Favorites at Malaikaraiss – more pics here
9. Favorite Runway Looks at Malaikaraiss photographed by Gero Beloer, edited by me
10. Daydream Believer – obsessed with this Sweater from Malaikaraiss
11. Day 3, visiting the Edited showroom – wearing Dorateymur Booties & Edited Trenchcoat (more soon…)
12. The Vladimir Karaleev AW17 Show, so much love for this knit dress!! Ph. by Stefan Knauer, edited by me