The ultimate key to a well-balanced wardrobe is not only in the mix of different textures and colours, it also comes down to the right dose of high and low fashion. I would never wear a certain designer head-to-toe or all-zara-everything, that would simply bore me to death. I prefer mixing affordable garments with luxury pieces instead. So when Zalando asked me to pick the best of both worlds I didn’t think twice and prepared my personal high-low style formula for you below:
1. High-quality footwear (like these crisp white bow slip-ons from Ports) or a timeless leather bag elevates any Outft in an instant.
2. Add budget-friendly trend pieces for a more modern update. My go-to brands would be Topshop, Selected Femme & Mango.
3. Try to avoid tricky materials like Polyester – it can cheapen a look real quick. Plus: It’s not very breathable and comfy. Choose natural materials like cotton, silk or leather instead.
4. I personally love to pair a premium jacket with a high-street T-shirt or vice versa. Same goes with pants/shoes etc.. This kind of high-low mix feels more accessible and it’s a lot more fun!
5. Let’s not forget about the accessories: extravagant details like eye-catching jewelry or chunky shades don’t have to cost a fortune to make a whole look stand-out! I love to browse through the scandi-brands for special accessories at a reasonable price.
|THE KOOPLES Blazer // PIECES Top // TOPSHOP Jeans // CHEAP MONDAY Earrings // COS Belt // PORTS 1961 Sneakers // J.W.ANDERSON Bag // OLIVER PEOPLES Sunglasses|
*Advertorial Post created for Zalando