Ever since Spring has arrived I have this incredible desire to grace myself in nothing but basics. The bare essentials, if you may say so. Wearing a crisp white shirt or a simple tank top kinda clears my head and gives me the opportunity to play around with different accessories. One of my favorite destinations for high-quality basics is and always has been Filippa K and lucky me got to stock up on some Spring Basics from their website. I will show you everything I got and how I wear it in a second (scroll down if you can’t wait)…
For those of you who don’t know Filippa K: The swedish label was found in 1993 by Filippa Knutsson and Patrik Kihlborg at their kitchen table in Stockholm. The both share the mission to focus on simple, well designed styles that are both comfortable and long-lasting. Using only high-quality materials Filippa K is a great choice to get your wardrobe essentials sorted.
“By focusing on creating simple, well designed, well constructed styles that fill a real need we can contribute to spreading a calm perspective of consumption, encouraging the mindful behavior that is needed in this environmentally threatened world.”
– Filippa Knutsson, Founder and Creative Director
This is exactly why I love Scandinavian fashion so much – there are no unnecessary details, no impractical materials, no fast-fashion frenzy. As I try to shop even more consciously, investing in timeless classics is a great start. All the basics I got are extremely versatile and could be worn throughout the year. Here are my 5 favorite Spring Basics from Filippa K:
1. TANK TOPS // A rib knit tank top is one of the simplest but smartest tops this season. It could be worn under a Shirt, unbuttoned Blouse or solo and thanks to the super soft cotton it is incredibly comfortable. It adds a feminine-cool vibe to any Blazer, Tailored Trouser, Midi Skirt combination and is therefore a must in every wardrobe.
2. AIRY SILK BLOUSES // This oversized silk shirt comes in the most beautiful Spring pastel I’ve seen in a long time. I’m obsessed with the lemon sorbet color and the loose-fit. In this post I’ve paired it with slim-fit trousers but it looks equally good with jeans, culottes and leather pants. I can highly recommend this shirt!
3. SPRING KNITS // It’s no secret that Spring days can get a bit chilly so I always try to carry a thin knit with me. I prefer soft-as-a-cloud silk blend sweaters but also like slightly oversized cardigans. Oversized spring knits over fitted tank tops are my favorite thing right now!
4. TAILORED TROUSERS // No basic wardrobe without a pair of black trousers. Whatever you combine it with – a basic T-shirt, knits, shirts, blazers – it will always make you look put together. I got myself the Karlie Trousers and I’m obsessed with the comfy loose fit. It’s made from a very soft fabric so it’s perfect for warmer days.
5. SOFT COTTON SHIRTS // I think we all agree that the mother of basics is a crisp white shirt. My ideal Spring choice would be this one – which is made from soft as a cloud organic cotton. It is lighter than normal cotton shirts and therefore perfect for summer season. I’ve worn it in so many ways since I got it that it’s probably my favorite piece next to the silk blouse…
Did you spot some favorites yourself? Or do you even happen to own something from Filippa K? Let me know!
|Look 1 FILIPPA K Oversized Silk Blouse // Tailored Trousers // SAINT LAURENT Sandals // CULT GAIA Tote Bag // MANGO Shades
Look 2 FILIPPA K Fine Rib Tank // Soft Cotton Shirt // NANUSHKA Culottes // ALIGHIERI Coin Necklace
Digitorial created in collaboration with Filippa K // Concept & Realisation: Carola Pojer & Patrick Böcker // Anzeige