Thank you for all the congratulations and sweet messages regarding my Wedding – Patrick and I are still over the moon!! I will spare you with too much details and private stuff, but I do want to share some special moments throughout my journey and maybe I could help other modern brides-to-be out with a little information here and there. So today I wanna start with Part 1/3 of my Modern Wedding Guide – talking about how to find the perfect Wedding Dress, one of the most important things when getting married, and what to keep in mind while searching for it:
The moment you step into a room full of wedding dresses you are either a) accompanied by a extremely nervous bride or b) actually getting married yourself. Whatever the answer might be – it ‘s a truly unforgettable experience! This special moment, where you walk past all these beautiful wedding gowns, totally overwhelmed, while you get to pick your favorite designs that you’d like to try on. All these stunning designs, neatly hanging in your changing room, while your equally excited friends are waiting for you to come out and show IT. Will it be the one? How’s it going to feel like once you’ve found it??
All this happened at the Kaviar Gauche Bridal Boutique in Berlin, back in January 2018, when my wedding dress journey started on a cold Winter day. A weird time to think about summer weddings and what to pick for your own BIG DAY… To be honest, my dreams (and barbie role plays) back in the days mostly consisted of wedding cakes and horse carriages rather than perfect wedding dresses. So when I entered the Kaviar Gauche Store for the first time, I had basically nothing specific in my mind. I only knew it should be simple but with a special twist – just like my personal style. No princess dress, no veil madness, just a stunning dress that makes me feel like a million dollars without outshining the occassion itself.
Now that I found it I can give all the brides the following advice on how to find the perfect dress:
– Look for a dress that characterizes your personality
– A dress that makes you feel confident and 100% you = forget about the show dresses, the growd pleasers or gramable princess gowns
– Don’t overspend. Because in the end of the day it’s just a dress and it’s only for one day, so don’t go too crazy (unless you wish to do so) and invest in a great honeymoon instead ;)
– Think about the season. In what weather conditions will your wedding take place? Will it be hot or cold? Because: Longsleeves in summer? Cami Dress in Winter? Could be a sweaty/shivering problem…
– Comfort wins. The perfect wedding dress should be comfortable and supportive – you should be able to move, hug, walk and dance (party time!!). Always try these moves in the fitting room to make sure the dress fits your needs.
However, one bottle of champagne (well, my girls sipped most of it) and lots of dresses later I finally found THE ONE: A hybrid between feminity, simplicity and sophistication – 100% Me. My wedding dress is a custom-made couture dream, made from a silk organza bottom with a slightly longer train and a very deep V-Neck top with handstitched embroideries, all handmade in Berlin with so much passion and dedication. Thank you once again to Kaviar Gauche for creating my dream dress and to the wonderful streamstress who turned an idea into the most wonderful gown. And thx to my girls who supported me throughout this journey!!
|KAVIAR GAUCHE Couture Dress // KENNETH JAY LANE Ear Cuff // CHANEL Vintage Sandals // CARTIER Diamond Hoops (worn in the evening) // REJINA PYO Evening Wedding Dress|
PH. Julia & Gil
Note: I’ve paid for my dress myself, Kaviar Gauche just kindly gave me a Press Discount.